Tuesday, October 1, 2013

31 Day Nail Art Challenge! Day 14: Flowers + Update


UPDATE
Hey there! How is everyone doing? So, I’ve got some news. Today is October 1st, and I LOVE OCTOBER. LOVE IT. HAPPY OCTOBER 1ST EVERYONE. And since the entire month for me is Halloween and my birthday, that’s what I’m doing this month! So I’m taking a break from the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge until after October is over. Now, this isn’t to say that I absolutely won’t do any of the challenges, because I might have time to fit in one or two. But I have a huge list of designs and polishes I want to wear this month, so I’m going to focus on those instead. The being said, I have like… 8 Challenge Days that I've done but haven’t posted. SO! I’ll be posting all of those today, no exceptions. I’m not just saying it this time, because I also have my first Halloween-ish design that I have to get up today. It’s going to happen. I hope you’re all as excited as I am! :) So let’s get to it!

Here are my flower nails:




I have to be honest, these didn't turn out like I expected. They are based on the Lily of the Valley flower, which are beautiful and fluffy-looking, but my painting just doesn't do them justice. The base color is China Glaze Tart-y for the Party, and the flowers themselves are done with acrylic paints. I think I may have liked them better if I had made all of my nails like my thumb, because the blooms I painted on my thumb look random and more like the actual plant. Either way, these were cute. They would be perfect for spring!

So I hope you like them! Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for reading, have a great day (and a happy October 1st), and happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment