Thursday, October 24, 2013

Halloween Rotten Pumpkin Nails!

Hello all. :) Halloween isn't Halloween without some pumpkins, right? So I painted pumpkins.... rotten pumpkins!!


(Sorry this picture is blurry! But I wanted a shot of my thumb)

Yes, I know... they're kind of disgusting. But I think they're gross in an endearing way. So, on my index, middle, and pinky nails, I painted one coat of Wet n' Wild Black Creme, and then one coat of Orly R.I.P. On my accent nails, I painted one coat of China Glaze Life Preserver and then one coat of Sinful Colors Cloud 9 to give it some shimmer and add dimension to the color. Now comes the fun part... making them look rotten! Since R.I.P. has a black jelly base, I just took it and wiped as much of the polish as I could on the lip of the bottle, then I lightly streaked it over the orange. Since it's really sheer, it just left these dirty streaks. The best way to replicate this without that specific polish is to mix a little bit of black nail polish with clear polish on a palette or a piece of paper and then streak that over your nails. Or you could even use a darker shade of orange. Whatever you've got! Then I took a black striper polish and painted on the faces wit thin, short, and fast lines. So I hope you like it! Let me know if you try it out. :)

Thanks for reading, have a great day, and happy painting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment