Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Depression Awareness Month Nails

Hello all! So, October is pretty much known for three things: Halloween, having the best weather out of all the months, and breast cancer awareness. But did you know that October is also Depression Awareness month? Well, now you do. Here is a fantastic webpage that should give you a good idea about how prevalent depression is. I personally know people who suffer with depression and I have experienced it myself. It's much more serious than just feeling sad - it's feeling sad, and angry, and exhausted, and unmotivated, hopeless, and helpless. It's thinking you're worthless and that no one can help you. It's becoming uninterested in your favorite things - mine was drawing and painting. Depression is serious and deserves the awareness. So I went around like a fairy wearing my green nails (because the depression awareness ribbon is emerald green) educating people about depression and how to help those who have it! But I'm not going to do that here - just know that people with depression are not making it up and it's not nearly as simple as "just being happier." It is an illness that needs treatment, and it affects real people who need understanding and acceptance. So here's what I did:



On my left hand (thumb to pinky): Sinful Colors Envy and Orly Mermaid Tale, China Glaze Tree Hugger, Zoya Logan, Sinful Colors Innocent and China Glaze Graffiti Glitter, and Sinful Colors Happy Ending.



On my right hand (pinky to thumb): Sinful Colors San Francisco, China Glaze Gaga For Green and Sinful Colors Call You Later, China Glaze Starboard, China Glaze I'm With The Lifeguard, and China Glaze Cast A Spell.



I basically took all my green polishes and used them, haha. Green makes me very happy, and it was helping me represent a cause that is important to me. Sounds like a perfect manicure! So I hope you like them. Thanks so much for your awareness, and feel free to share your experiences! Thanks for reading, have a great day, and happy painting! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I even have looking your article and that helped me to put in writing my article about rhinoplasty chicago you want to have a test on my article.

    ReplyDelete