Sunday, September 15, 2013

31 Day Nail Art Challenge! Day 13: Animal Print

Aaaaaaand we're back to the nail art challenge posts! Woo. I just had to finish a lab for my Experimental Psychology class, so I am absolutely ready to just relax and blog a little. And I'm particularly excited about this design, because it is beyond precious!! SHRIMP NAAAAAIIIIILLLLLSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~



(These first three pictures are my friend Lindsay's nails! She asked for a shrimp with dilated eyes on one finger, and one with eyelashes on the other!)

(I really liked the dilated-eye shrimp, so I made all of mine on my ring fingers have giant eyes like they're afraid or in awe of something.)




Aaaaaah, so many pictures! It always baffles me how I can not have enough pictures of some designs, but then I check my memory card and suddenly I have so many pictures of this design. So many. But at least they're all different! So, as you can see in the last picture, my inspiration and base color was OPI Cajun Shrimp (yes I have used this polish in the previous two posts too but I love it and can you blame me?) The shrimp are painted completely with acrylic paint (white, pink, red, and black) and a teeny tiny brush. So, this counts as animal print, right? Because these little shrimp were so cute and happy. I didn't want to do a traditional animal print (there's nothing wrong with that, I just don't typically wear animal print, so I went with this instead), and I think shrimp are a bunch of cutie patootie sea-bugs. Of course, shrimp are bluish grey when they're alive underwater, but that wasn't good for the aesthetic, so I suppose that makes these cooked shrimp? That's horrifying to think about, but oh well! They were cute anyway! So I hope you like them as much as I did.

Thanks for reading, have a great day, and happy painting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment