Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Halloween Purple People Eater Nails

Heeeyyyyyoooooo! So, I have been crazy busy. It's ridiculous how much homework I have. But I finally got a night off! So I figured I needed to update a few posts while I can! And thus, I present to you a design inspired by my favorite Halloween song - Purple People Eater!


Isn't he cute?? In the song, he's a "one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple-people-eater." And it actually does say in the song that he eats purple people, not that he's purple. So I chose a different color instead - I started with a base color of China Glaze Life Preserver, and then I did a coat of China Glaze Glitter Goblin, which is a mix of orange, silver, and holographic glitters. It looks out of this world, so I thought it fit! Anyway, then I stamped a teeny tiny wing from the heart image on Pueen plate 41. Then I dabbed a little topcoat on it and placed a single googly eye. I love those googly eyes. Anyway, then I painted on the horn and the mouth with acrylic paint. 

Then on my other hand.... PURPLE PEOPLE! So, I bet you're wondering what's up with my color choices, because they don't really match. Well, I was supposed to go to a mini-golf course that's indoors and has black lights all over the place, so I painted these with the glowiest polish I own - Funky Fingers Like Clockwork!


Woo! These babies glowed even in the daylight, that polish is so freaking bright. Anyway, I put to coats of Like Clockwork over one coat of Sally Hansen White On, and then I painted on the purple people. The monster eats purple people, so I made them look like little gingerbread men, with some of them having bites taken out of them already! They were super cute.

So I hope you like it! Hopefully I did the song justice, because it is seriously the best Halloween song other than the Monster Mash (maybe I'll do that next.... hmm.) Anyway, thanks for reading, have a great day, and happy painting! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment