Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Halloween Zombie Flesh Nails

WARNING! THIS POST IS NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED. IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH, YOU PROBABLY DON'T WANT ANY PART OF THIS. For this reason, I'm putting the pictures under a break! So read on if you can handle it. :)

Anyway, hello everyone! I know I'm cutting it pretty close to Halloween for these nails, but I am technically getting them up before Halloween! I wanted to wait until the last week before Halloween to do the really gory stuff. And I wish I could take the credit for this design, but it is not mine! I based it on a tutorial by PackaPunchPolish (WARNING: THIS VIDEO IS ALSO GORY IN A WAY SO DON'T WATCH IT IF YOU'RE EASILY SQUEAMISH I'M SERIOUS) on youtube. I have literally been waiting a year to do this, haha. I didn't do it exactly, I adapted it to zombie flesh instead, so it's extra gross. And since there's a tutorial for it already, I'm not really going to explain what I did, just what polishes I used. And now for the unveiling! Click the read more to see the pictures! This is your last chance to turn back!






Aren't they disgusting but in the best way? These are eye-catchers for sure. So on to the polishes! I started with Wet n' Wild Burgundy Frost, then a coat of China Glaze Gaga For Green, then a coat of Sinful Colors Unicorn, and then a coat of Essie Matte About You. Once that's all done (you want each coat to be a little tacky to the touch, but not completely wet), you take a toothpick and scrape it up! The red shows from underneath and is shiny compared to the matte green/yellow skin tone. And you can pretty much do whatever you want to them, just make them look gross. And then all you have to do is wait for them to dry. And violá, nasty zombie nails! Perfect for Halloween. Watch the tutorial I linked about to show you exactly how it's done, just change the colors a bit if you want zombie nails like I did. So I hope you like them! And hopefully they weren't too gross. :)

Thanks for reading, have a great day, and happy painting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment