Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Sephora Formula X Law of Attraction Swatch

Hi everyone! So before I get back into the Halloween designs, I need to share my birthday nails with you! So, technically yesterday (Oct. 21) was my 21st birthday, but I'm just getting this put up today. I tried to come up with a design for a really long time for my birthday, and in the end, it just didn't happen. I stumbled across Sephora Formula X Law of Attraction at Sephora, and it was love at first sight. And I bought it, and then I decided that that was my birthday polish. So here it is:

Bottle shot - this is the back of the bottle so you can see those beautiful indigo holographic glitters in there. Ugh, this is a perfect polish.


I painted one coat of Law of Attraction over two coats of OPI Don't Touch My Tutu. It needed some underwear, but I didn't want anything as stark as a white polish, so I went with a super sheer white, just to cover up the stain on my nails. Appearance-wise, this is the most beautiful polish I own. My picture doesn't do it justice. It's gold in every light, but once you get it outside, those indigo glitters flash a million rainbows and explode off your nails in a glorious shine. It is absolutely stunning. Formula-wise, it left something to be desired. I'd expect for a $14 polish, it should have an amazing formula, but it didn't. It's not hard to get the glitters where you want them to go, and it's certainly packed enough with glitter that I didn't have to fish or place too many. But it's just so ridiculously goopy. I had to thin it out before I even used it, because I knew it just wouldn't glide after testing it on a nail wheel. But once I thinned it, it turned into butter. Golden, rainbow indigo glitter-ridden butter. I think this polish would also be perfect for winter layered over white, but I'm not there yet. So, as far as the polish goes, 10/10, would buy again. The formula wasn't a problem for me once I thinned it out, so I don't mind. But the beauty makes up for it, because oh man. These were the sparkliest nails I've ever had. 

Anyway, I hope you like them! They weren't the most original birthday nails, but they were certainly the most glamourous. Thanks for reading, have a great day, and happy painting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment