Thursday, October 10, 2013

Halloween Ghostie Nails!

Hi there! So now I'm finally getting into my Halloween nail designs (unless you count the princess nails, because that would be the start then). I'm going to have quite a few, I hope, but I somehow managed to get a late start on them. I just couldn't decide on what I wanted to do. But then a little voice in the back of my head spoke to me... "Paint ghosties.... paaaiiinnnttt ghooooossttiiiiieeeessssss~"



These were so much fun, even though they took me forever to paint. I started with a base coat of Sally Hansen Black Out on my thumb, index, middle, and pinky fingers, and then I did one coat of Orly Green Flakie Top Coat (yes, that's the name of it. Not very creative, Orly) over the black, which gave it just a little bit of pizazz under the ghosts. It's a combination of blue and purple flakie glitters, perfect for a Halloween design. On my ring finger, I did two coats of Sally Hansen White On. Then I painted the ghosts with white and black acrylic paint. Oh, and did I mention these babies GLOW??


Super rad, right? I used glow-in-the-dark acrylic paint for a single ghost on each nail, with the exception of my ring finger, which just needed to completely glow. So I hope you like them! Of course, you can try this design a bunch of different ways. You could paint all your nails black (with optional flakie topcoat, because I know not everyone is going to have it) and just have the swirly ghosties, or you could have the "evil" ghost face (because lesbehonest, he's not very evil) on your accent nails. You could also have all the ghosts be glow-in-the-dark! They looked way cooler, because the paint was transparent and you could see the flakie colors underneath them. Let me know if you try them out. Also, if you have any requests for Halloween designs, tell me! I'll be glad to try things out. :)

Thanks so much for reading, have a great day, and happy painting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment