Saturday, September 7, 2013

31 Day Nail Art Challenge! Day 11: Polka Dots

Heeeeey! So... polka dots! That's what this design was all about. I had actually been planning this design for months, I just never got around to doing it and then I forgot about it. But when I saw that one of the days was polka dots, I remembered! So here they are:




Let me just say, and I know I say this a lot, but I LOVED these. They were both bright and dark and just overall they were really cute. And the good thing about them is that they look great on both long and short nails! My sister said the colors reminded her of sunsets. Since both of my base colors are really sheer, I just started the gradient without a solid color base. So the two colors are China Glaze Thataway and Sinful Colors Let's Talk. Then, of course, came the polka dots. I used a large dotting tool (maybe a medium one? I'm not really sure - but it was big enough to make those sized polka dots) and Sally Hansen Black Out for the dots. I almost put white dots, but I think it would have made it more springy than I wanted. So black dots happened! I hope you like it. Let me know if you try it out!

Thanks for reading, have a great day, and happy painting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment