Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Gold Leaf-esque Nails

Alright, who's ready for a break from the 31 day nail art challenge?? I certainly am! My sister and I read scary stories to each other two weekends ago while I painted her nails and mine. My best friend left for Japan that weekend on a study abroad trip, and I really really didn't want to paint animal print on my nails, I just wanted something comforting and lovely. But my nails will be in the next post. This post is about what I painted on my sister's nails!




(This one was just for fun - look at how much shorter my nails are than hers! And this is right before I cut my nails because they were getting a little too long for my tastes! AND my sister is six years younger than me! What I'm getting at here is that it's weird.)

*Ahem* Anyway... She couldn't decide what she wanted (which is pretty unusual, because she almost always has something extremely complex and time-consuming in mine), so she picked a color that she liked and I kind of went with it. The base color is China Glaze Custom Kicks, which is just the perfect polish. Literally, it has no flaws. It's opaque in one coat, and it's got just enough gold shimmer in it to make it buttery. I love it. And Em did too! Then I stamped over it with Essie Good As Gold and the weird splotchy stamp from Pueen plate 45 (you could also achieve this effect with gold leaf, or with a gold topcoat. 

We almost left it like that, because Em loved the combination so much. But I said, "Nay! We shall add moooore!!" And so I stamped the little flower from Mash plate 29 with a gradient of Wet n' Wild Black Creme and OPI Cajun Shrimp on the accent nails. They were AWESOME. They received lots of compliments and Em loved them. We were really sad to see them go, because Em is in marching band and they're not allowed to have polish on. So before football season, she would only let me paint her nails once every 2 to 3 weeks (because seriously she could make her polish last that long without chipping and I just don't understand because I can barely get it to last for 2 days), but now that she has to remove all polish on Thursday night, I get to paint her nails every week! Yippeeeeeee! So expect to see a lot more of her nails on here in the next several months! 

Well, this post has been long enough, I think I'll leave you be. Thanks for reading, have a great day, and happy painting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment