Sunday, September 8, 2013

31 Day Nail Art Challenge! Day 12: Stripes

Hi there! How's it going? I feel like being a little lax today with this post... So, stripes. Stripes, stripes, stripes. I love stripes! I usually like to hand-paint them with a striper brush, but I was using a polish that dries matte for the stripes, so I had to do it with tape instead. And if you've seen my other posts about tape manicures, you probably know that I am not a fan of them. They are always extremely messy and take FOREVER. Seriously, they take sooo long. I just don't think the payoff is worth the effort, most of the time. But this is a challenge, and I couldn't hand paint them, so tape it was! Here's what I came up with:




My base color was Essie Turquoise and Caicos. The stripes are China Glaze Stone Cold, which I just realized I've used for a chevron tape-mani once before, haha. Woops! I completely forgot about that, but I can't help it... Stone Cold is just wonderful for tape-manis, because it's so opaque and awesome. It goes great with every color, too. I hope this is different enough from the other one, haha. Anyway, I didn't really have any specific patterns for the stripes, I just made them different on every nail. It was cute. I do think if I had the chance, I'd go back and use a lighter base color. Turquoise and Caicos is pretty light, but I think I would need something brighter, like Funky Fingers Mrs. Mint. But either way, it was nice. So I hope you like it! And let me know if you try it.

Thanks for reading, have a great day, and happy painting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment