Friday, July 19, 2013

Tentacle French Tip Design... Inspired by Robin Moses! :)

Hi there! So, I don't know if you know who Robin Moses is, but you should. She's on YouTube, and she's probably one of the most creative and talented nail artists out there, and you should go watch her videos. She did one design that I absolutely loved, so I decided I had to recreate it! Here's a link to her video. And here's what I created based on that:





Alrighty, so here's what I did. I started with two coats of Orly Déjà Vu and then made a french tip with the dark blue end of Revlon Moon Candy Galactic. Then I used acrylic paints (two different shades of blue and a light teal for the suction cups) for the tentacles. I went for a more literal approach whereas Robin made more abstract tentacles. She also used an opal polish to make the tentacles two-toned, but I don't own any opal polish so I substituted with a darker shade of blue paint. Then I went over the tentacles with a quick swipe of OPI I Juggle... Men. It gave it the slightest sparkle and definitely made it elegant. So I hope you like it! And definitely check out Robin Moses, because she's incredible and she's much better at this than I am. Thanks for reading, have a nice day, and happy painting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment