Saturday, July 20, 2013

Neon Lightning and Drip Nails

Hello again! So for this post, I'm sharing my sister's nails again. She wanted something bright, but straight up neon isn't really her style. So we went with this:



I started with a base coat of Sally Hansen XTreme Wear Black Out on all the nails and then on the pinky, middle, and index fingers I created a paint drip effect with a dotter tool and Sally Hansen XTreme Wear White On. I then went over the drips with my neon yellow, China Glaze Sun-Kissed. And on her ring finger and thumb, I used scotch tape to make a lightning bolt and then I painted a quick layer of the white polish and gave it a few seconds to dry before I put on a coat of Sun-Kissed. Remove the tape and there it is! The pictures definitely don't do it justice, over that white polish it's incredibly, blindingly bright. Everyone stares at her nails because they're so freaking bright! And on top of that, she's been at band camp all week and they're out in the sun all day and I can't even imagine how she's getting anything done since these are so distracting. Anyway, I hope you like them! Thanks for reading, have a great day, and happy painting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment