Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Cat Nails

Hey there! So today I'm going to share with you some nail art I did on my sister's nails. She asked me to paint some characters from a book series she reads, where the characters are cats (The Warriors series by Erin Hunter).

This is Cinderpelt - I used Ulta Concrete Evidence as the base color for the basic cat shape on my sister's pinky and ring finger on her right hand. For the details (haha, see what I did there), I used acrylic paints and a teeny tiny paint brush. Then since we decided that all the cats needed to be sparkly, I also did one coat of OPI Pirouette My Whistle and one coat of a nameless Bon Bon polish. 

This is Firestar (middle and index finger on her right hand) - I used China Glaze Life Preserver as the base color. The details were done with acrylic paints on all of the cats. And since Firestar is orange, I used OPI Pros & Bronze as my glitter, as well as the Bon Bon polish.


For the thumbs, I used Wet n Wild Black Creme to paint the symbols that represent the cats' clans - on the right hand with Cinderpelt and Firestar, I painted the Thunderclan symbol, and for the left hand, I painted the Riverclan symbol. I'm sorry if you have no idea what I'm talking about, but imagine it like the student houses in Harry Potter. I went over both of these with the Bon Bon polish.

This is Stormfur (index and middle finger, left hand) - I used Wet n Wild Black Creme as the base color, and Wet n Wild Rock n Roll and the Bon Bon polish as the glitter.

This is Feathertail (ring and pinky fingers, left hand) - I used Ulta Concrete Evidence as the base color, and OPI Pirouette My Whistle and the Bon Bon Polish as the glitter. Feathertail was my favorite, she turned out the best! :)




And that's it for this post! My sister loved these so much that when I spent a week away from home the first thing she said when I came home was " My cats chipped and I need you to fix them immediately!!" Haha, I didn't fix them. So I hope you like these! Let me know if you try them. Thanks for reading, have a nice day, and happy painting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment