Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Lava Nails

Hey there! So, I love lava. I'm just gonna get that out of the way. It's so freaking cool. And I think I've represented it pretty well here with this lava nail art!




Oh my gosh, this is so freaking cool. I am just in love with this. And it's bright, because my secret is neon polish! I started with a base coat of Sinful Colors Snow Me White, then sponged around the edges with China Glaze Hey Sailor, and then sponged in the middle with Funky Fingers Like Clockwork (this is probably the brightest neon polish I've ever encountered). And to add a little sparkle, I did a few light stripes on the sides with OPI Pros & Bronze. Then came the magical part - I did a very thin coat of Sally Hansen Crackle in Ink Splatter. It's important that it's a thin layer, because otherwise it won't separate very well and you won't get the contrast between the lava and the solid rock - erhm, the orange and the crackle polish. Heh. Then to top it all off, I used a matte top coat (Essie Matte About You). Usually I put a coat of regular, fast drying top coat on first, but this time I really wanted to be able to see the ridges between the rocks and the lava where the crackle polish is thicker. It was an interesting textural component of this manicure, and I loved it! :)

So I hope you enjoyed these as much as I do, and let me know if you try them! Thanks for reading, have a great day, and happy painting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment