Friday, July 26, 2013

Marina and the Diamonds Nails

Hey there! So a couple of days ago I got really bored and wanted to paint my nails, but I had no idea what to do, and I didn't feel like having anything too flashy or too plain, so it was a difficult choice. I was listening to Marina and the Diamonds' album Electra Heart and then I was struck with inspiration! Marina and the Diamonds nails. But not based on any of the nail art she wears (because she is known to wear some pretty unique designs in her music videos), it was just based on the colors I saw in some of her music videos and I just took creative license, basically. But it still looks Marina Diamandis inspired!



On my thumb, middle, and pinky fingers are two coats of Love & Beauty Baby Blue (one of the recurring colors in her videos as well as a color on the album cover). Then off to the right side, I painted a small black heart with acrylic paint like she wears as her character Electra Heart (the character she named the album after) on her face:


Then on my index finger, I painted a coat of Sally Hansen XTreme Wear Celeb City, one coat of Essie Set in Stone, and one coat of Pure Ice Dazzle Me. That's a lot of sparkle! But I needed the coverage of the Essie polish, and the holographic silver glitters of the Pure Ice polish. So it was necessary.

Then on my ring finger, I picked colors based on the lipstick she wore in her music video for Fear and Loathing:


I did two coats of China Glaze Life is Rosy and I sponged on the tip and up the center with China Glaze Thataway. 

And that's it! I don't know if it necessarily matches the blue and the silver, but it does add a touch of warmth to the look. So I hope you like it! And if you don't know who Marina and the Diamonds is, go look her up! She's absolutely fantastic. Thanks for reading, have a great day, and happy painting! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment