Saturday, July 27, 2013

31 Day Nail Art Challenge! Day 1: Red Nails

Hi there! So, you can probably guess from the title what this post is about. I've been struggling with art-block for a little while now, unless it's some kind of event or movie I'm going to. So to challenge myself, I'm going to start the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge! It'll be fun, and I have plenty of designs to go with. Of course, I don't paint my nails every day, so it won't be a 31 consecutive day kind of thing. It'll probably span several months, and I'll have other designs in between if I'm going to some event or if inspiration strikes me suddenly. But anyway, here's the list:


So Day 1 is Red Nails! Honestly, I had something much more detailed in mind, but I had almost no time to paint my nails, so I had to go with something simple. Of course, I could always go back and do the detailed design now that I do have time, but I'm lazy and I don't really want to wear red for too much longer. So I'm sticking with this one.




See? It's pretty simple. I did two coats of China Glaze Surfin' For Boys (which is definitely a neon red in reality, but it kind of looks coral in photos) and then went over it with one coat of Orly Rockets Red Glare, which is one of my all time favorite glitters. It's so perfect. I was worried that the glitter, which is a basic red, wouldn't match the base color, but I think it works perfectly! It actually reminds me a lot of watermelon, for some reason. But it's both great for summer and it satisfies the first day of the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge! :) 

As for the rest of the challenges, I have several designs planned out already, and the only one I'm worried about is the water marble. I am terrible at water marbling, and I've been practicing forever. So I will be attempting the water marble, because that's the very definition of a challenge... but I don't think I'll enjoy it. But I promise I'll have fun with the rest of it! So thank you for reading, have a great day, and happy painting! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment