Saturday, July 13, 2013

Blue and Grey Chevron Nails

Hi there! :) So today I have a quick design for you... er, maybe I should say simple. It uses scotch tape, and apparently it takes more skill than I thought to do this quickly and efficiently, haha. But even though it took me a while (maybe it's just because I wanted it to be perfect), it's still pretty easy.

(This is the most accurate to the color)




My base color was China Glaze Frostbite, then I used scotch tape to make different sized chevrons and then I painted on China Glaze Stone Cold, which is a matte polish. The design looked great without a glossy top coat, because the contrast between Frostbite and the matte polish was awesome. But I needed to keep this design for a while because I was staying at a cousin's house for a week and I needed it to last me. For the record, it didn't. I was volunteering at an art camp for a bunch of kids and I couldn't keep it from chipping, haha. Oh well, it still looked nice! Thanks for reading, have a great day, and happy painting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment