Thursday, February 21, 2013

Valentines Day Nails #2

Hello again! This is my second design (and my favorite - this one didn't last long enough sadly) for Valentines Day, posted well after the 14th. But I'm posting it anyway! :)


(indoors)

My base color was China Glaze Ahoy! (mentioned in my previous post). This one was a stamped design, but I did do something extra. I used a plate from my new set of Cheeky Summer 2012 plates (funnily enough, purchased in February of 2013) - CH53. This is the design I used:


I'm not entirely sure what is in the center of the hearts, but I really liked the hearts themselves. For the stamping I used Sinful Colors Soul Mate, my favorite coral pink. Then I used a dotting tool and just covered the weird lettering in the center of the hearts with my base color. Easy peasy! This design was absolutely my favorite. so pretty. And as always, I loved the contrast between the shimmery base color and the creme stamp on top. So nice. And as for the shimmer in Ahoy!, here's a really good picture I got (by accident) that shows off that glorious gold shimmer:


Isn't it just heavenly? It's my favorite pink. China Glaze also has another pink with gold shimmer in it called Strawberry Fields. They are similar, but they are definitely not the same. Trust me, it's worth it to have them both. 

So thanks for reading, have a nice day, and happy painting! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment