Thursday, February 21, 2013

Turquoise Star Nails

Hello there! I have another stamped design for you. :) My friend and I both got duplicate nail polish for Christmas, so we decided to swap. She gave me Essie Turquoise and Caicos in exchange for Sinful Colors Love Nails (and a few others, because a Sinful Colors polish is not an equal exchange for an Essie polish). I didn't know if I would like it, because I already had many different turquoise polishes, and this one seemed really ordinary. I was soooo wrong.


(taken indoors with my iPhone  - my camera was still out of commission at the time)

The base color is of course Essie Turquoise and Caicos. It's probably the most beautiful turquoise nail polish I've ever owned (my camera phone just doesn't do it justice). It's so simple, but the formula was fantastic, and if I do say so myself, I think it looked amazing with my skin tone. The formula seems really sheer at first, but I was able to get it opaque in two coats. The sheerness makes it look really delicate. I just really loved it. If you don't own it and you're an Essie fan, why don't you own it? You should go out and get it right now. 

I thought about wearing it alone, but why would I want to make it easy on myself? I added a coat of multicolored glitter, Sinful Colors Opal Glitter, and then I used the star design from MASH plate 49 with Sinful Colors Snow Me White (my favorite non-Konad brand of white polish for stamping). The matte white looked so cool over the glitter. In my last post, I made a comment about how long my manicure lasted (it was about 5 days - a really long time for me since my manicures only last about 2-3 days before I get bored with it/ it chips/ I peel it off during my classes). Well, this one lasted a full 7 days without chipping. I REALLY loved this design. So pretty. I hope you can try it out! A cheaper alternative for the Essie polish is Sinful Colors Mint Apple. It's not a dupe of the Essie polish, but it is still a very pretty turquoise and I almost used it instead of Turquoise and Caicos. I'm glad I didn't though, because this one is so lovely. Thanks for reading, have a good day, and happy painting! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment