Monday, March 4, 2013

Pure Ice Twisted Swatch

Hello again! Yep, you guessed it. Still trying to catch up on my blog posts! I didn't realize how often I paint my nails until I got behind on these posts, and now I have to go back and remember what order I painted them in, yadda yadda yadda. My most recent problem is some missing photos, because I know I took pictures of one of my manicures, but now they're gone! I'll have to do some searching for those. Anyway, hopefully I will be caught up on my posts by tonight, because I really want to share what I just painted on my nails with you, and I can't do that until I'm caught up, haha. So here's a swatch that I did a few weeks ago - Pure Ice Twisted.

(indoors, under a lamp)

(indoors)

Isn't it beautiful? My camera doesn't actually pick it up, but Twisted is more blue in reality (it's a duochrome blue and green glass fleck polish - it even has a small hint of purple in the bottle, but you can't see it on the nails). And it shines normally like in the first picture most of the time. It's awesome. Before I put it on, I didn't want a crazy shiny polish - it was one of those days when I wanted something really toned down. But then I realized I don't have very many toned down polishes! So I slapped on some matte top coat:

(indoors, under a lamp)

(natural lighting - sorry about the tip wear/ugly cutitcles, I took this photo a day or two after I painted them)

They looked fantastic with the matte top coat (I use Essie Matte About You)! I got a lot of compliments on them. And this is one of those polishes that has glass-like flecks in it, and when you put the matte top coat on you can see them in their full glory. I could stare at these nails for hours. And of course they felt fantastic - so smooth and soft with the matte top coat. I loved them! Still not toned down like I wanted, but it all worked out in the end! I picked up Twisted at Wal-mart, it's one of Pure Ice's new polishes they released recently. It's inexpensive and beautiful - my kind of polish! 

Thanks for reading, have a good day, and happy painting! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment