Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Matte Flecked Purple Nails

Hello there! I was worried that I wouldn't keep updating this blog, and see, that's exactly what I've done. But I'm back! And I have taken photos every time I painted my nails over the past several weeks, so all I have to do now is upload them all.

So I'll start with this manicure! I went to Ulta several weeks ago and found a Layla Ceramic Effects polish called The Butterfly Effect. It was absolutely beautiful, but out of my price range at the time. Plus, I knew I would be able to sort-of recreate the effect at home using some of my other polishes! Here is my result:


(Indoors - the first two photos with regular lighting, the second photo with flash)

I used two coats of Sinful Colors Let's Talk as my purple base color, and then a coat of Essie Shine of the Times. The Layla polish does not have a matte finish, but I really wanted the fleck polish to shine through, so I slapped on a coat of Essie Matte About You

I really wish the photos had turned out better; the last photo was waaaay too saturated because of the flash on my camera. But then I feel like the first two photos are washed out. The color in person was a mixture of the first and second photos. Very vibrant, but also toned down. I loved it! My favorite part about this manicure was the texture, honestly. I love the feel of the matte top coat. It's so smooth! 

Well, I hope you liked this one! Definitely give it a go if you have the polishes (or similar ones!). It was really awesome and got tons of compliments! Thanks for reading, have a nice day, and happy painting! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment