Monday, August 5, 2013

31 Day Nail Art Challenge! Day 4: Green Nails

Hey there! Woo, I'm slowly making it through this thing. Very slowly. I really just want to skip around and do some of the designs that I'm really excited about, but I'm going to be good and go in order. Anyway, I reeeeeaaaalllyyy struggled with the green nails. Green is absolutely my favorite color (and I have a lot of green polishes to pick from), but I couldn't think of a unique design for green. So after several different swatches and design tests, I finally settled on these (and I couldn't be happier):



Pardon my artsy-fartsy moment, but I found that my mustache ornament (made for me by a friend) was great for the white balance on my camera.


I looooooove these. I don't wear green that often, usually because it stains my nails. I don't mind that much, but I think I've just taught myself not to wear it so often, and I have to break that habit, because I really love green. Anyway, this is much simpler than it looks! I started off with two coats of Sinful Colors Innocent, and then I simply painted a single stripe one after the other of increasingly darker greens: China Glaze Gaga For Green and Starboard, and Sinful Colors Envy. It took me a while, because usually when I do stripes I use a paint brush and acrylic paint, but this time I just used the polish brush and sheer willpower. If that's too difficult, you can always use tape, a paint brush, or you could even paint the "stripes" all the way down the nail for every layer, so you only have to worry about the top line of the stripe looking good. Anyway, I hope you like it! 

Thanks for reading, have a great day, and happy painting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment