Monday, March 4, 2013

Sonnetarium Snowfall Nails

Hello there! Today I have a super special awesome swatch for you! Trust me, it's super special. It's an indie glitter polish by Sonnetarium called Snowfall!


(9mL bottle)

Snowfall is a beautiful glitter polish with 4 different sizes of white hex glitter and also iridescent transparent glitters that usually shine orange and blue - it looks just like a snow globe! So pretty. And since it's white glitter, it looks good over everything and is nice and delicate. It looks so good, I had a really hard time deciding what color to swatch it over. It came down to China Glaze Spontaneous and China Glaze Secret Peri-Wink-le. In the end, Spontaneous won because I actually had not worn that one before, so why not wear it with this beautiful glitter?

(indoors)

(natural lighting - you can see how much I loved this manicure because I retouched the tips where the polish was wearing down! This photo was taken several days after I painted them.)

I loved this manicure. LOVED IT. Spontaneous was the perfect base color for Snowfall, and the iridescent glitters just gave it a small pop of color. The formula of Snowfall is fantastic - in my pictures, I'm wearing one coat of snowfall. And not even a thick coat! It is really jam-packed with glitter. And as far as having to place the glitter on my nails, I didn't really have to do that too much. Occasionally with the bigger glitters, but not so much that it got annoying. It's almost a perfect polish. The only qualm I have with it is actually the bottle; The bottle is small (which is fine, because a little of this polish goes a long way), but the brush is even smaller. It's too short for the bottle, which makes it extremely difficult to get a good amount of glitter on the brush in the first place. I'm afraid it'll be impossible once the bottle starts to run low (it is important to note that this is not the case with the 15mL bottle, I also have that size in another polish from them and it is perfectly fine). But overall, Snowfall is worth the money ($6 on their website for the 9mL, $8.50 for the 15mL) and is so pretty. I loved it. I can't tell you how many times I went back and retouched this manicure so I could keep wearing it. 

So, if you love Snowfall, definitely get it. I've seen other variations of this kind of glitter, but Michelle (the creator of Sonnetarium polishes) does such a fantastic job and she cares about her customers first and foremost. So please, if you like it, go support her and buy it! Pretty much all of the glitter polishes she creates are absolutely gorgeous. The website is www.sonnetarium.net

Thanks for reading, have a good day, and happy painting! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment