Monday, March 4, 2013

Peacock Feather Nails

Hello again! :) Still catching up on my posts.

For this post, I'm not going to show you my nails. I'm showing you my sister's nails, which are very long and perfect to paint on! She's really indecisive about what she wants (I'm beginning to think it runs in the family), but she finally decided to let me paint peacock feathers on her nails.

(indoors)

Sorry, I only have the one picture. For some reason, the other one I had became corrupted and now half the photo is gone. Oh well! 

The base color I used is Sinful Colors Love Nails. We decided we needed something bright and almost metallic for the background, because the feathers themselves were going to be mostly matte colors. I started off by painting on the black feathery part with black acrylic paint (Apple Barrel) and a liner brush, and then I went back in with a light green acrylic paint (FolkArt 408 Green) over the black - the green was mixed with bright gold paint (DecoArt Emperor's Gold) to give it some shimmer. Then for the bullseye, I used a bronze gold (Folkart 658 Metallic Antique Gold - it is definitely gold, but it's slightly darker if that makes any sense?) with a dotting tool and then outlined the bullseye with the black and a liner brush to give the bullseye the correct shape. I finished off the bullseye with a large dot of Love Nails, and then a smaller dot of OPI Swimsuit... Nailed It!. Then I added the topcoat, and violá! Peacock nails!

Let me know if you've ever tried something like this, or if you plan on it! It's really easy if you have the right brush and acrylic paints. Thanks for reading, have a nice day, and happy painting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment