Thursday, May 23, 2013

Nautical Nails

Hey there! :) So for this post I have some nautical nails for you! I know it's been done a lot, but I reeeeally love the nautical trend. Love it. So here's my not-so-special take on it:

(indoors)

This design is completely hand painted. For my base color, I used two coats of China Glaze First Mate and then everything else is done with acrylic paints, because they're way easier to work with. I used a white for the horizontal stripes on my index, middle, and pinky fingers, as well as the anchors on my ring finger and thumb. For a nice accent, I used antique gold acrylic paint (it's not actually antique, that's just the color) and did a French tip on my ring finger and thumb, as well as one off-center vertical stripe on my other fingers. It looked awesome! It's perfect for short nails and long nails alike. 

(I have teeny tiny nails, so I used a super tiny brush for these anchors. And loooots of patience.)

(I don't know why that one white stripe randomly cracked...)

Well, I hope you like this one! It's pretty simple, but classy. If you have a hard time hand-painting things, you can skip the anchors and this would still look nice. Maybe try a red accent nail with some glitter! Anyway, let me know if you try it out! Thanks so much for reading, have a good day, and happy painting! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment