Sunday, April 28, 2013

Mario Bros. Nails

Hi there! Long time no see! I've been really busy at school and I just got a few new games for my Xbox (aka Bioshock Infinite and stay tuned for that nail design in a few weeks once I'm done with school!) and yeah. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I couldn't be bothered to finish updating my posts. But I'm going to try and do that today! Again. I'll try not to be so wordy in posts so they don't take me so long. And of course, I'm saying this on this post, which is probably going to be really long. Because Mario Bros. nails!!

(indoors)

I started with these base colors - I made sure the two green nails weren't right beside each other, because it would have bothered me, but you can do it in whatever order you want:

(From thumb to pinky - China Glaze Starboard, Sinful Colors Soul Mate, Starboard again, Wet n' Wild Red Red, and Sinful Colors Snow Me White)

Then I used acrylic paints for the details. I used white paint for Luigi's hat:

(Bonus Luigi! He's my absolute favorite!)

For Princess Peach's dress on my index, I used a darker pink, yellow, and I topped her little amulet decoration with Orly's Spazmatic:


For Bowser's shell (hopefully you can tell it's Bowser, not many people could) on my middle, I mixed together a light yellow and a reddish orange for his spikes:


For Mario's hat on my ring, I used white paint, just like Luigi:

(Sorry for the blurry picture! I think I was in a hurry when I was taking these!)

Finally, Toad was on my pinky! I just used a plain old, garden variety red paint for his spots:

(Again, blurry??)

I did the same characters/designs on my right hand, but I switched Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser around. And like I said, I used acrylic paints, but I think you could also use polishes! And if you don't have paint brushes, you could probably use toothpicks/dotting tools. Although if you're using a dotting tool, you may need to use the smallest one you can find. But this design was super fun, and I really wish it had lasted longer! I'm a huge fan of pretty much all Nintendo games, but I just needed a Mario Bros. pick me up in the middle of the semester! So let me know if you want to try it out or if you have any questions!
Thanks for reading, have a good day, and happy painting! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment