Monday, January 21, 2013

Neon Tiger Nails

Hello again! I wanted to share my weekend manicure with you (and I say weekend because I painted my nails on Friday and they chipped yesterday - 2 freaking days??), so here they are:

(indoors w/ flash)

If you're wondering if I painted those stripes myself, I definitely didn't. Like I said in my introduction post, I recently got a set of MASH stamping plates, and I've been working my way through those images. So this is just a heads up - probably going to see stamped images for a while. They're just so much more convenient.

For this design, I started off with a base coat (Seche Clear), and then I added two coats of China Glaze Frostbite. Gotta admit, I almost didn't get that polish because I just couldn't see myself wearing it too often, but my sister convinced me, and it is fantastic. Bright, electric blue. I love it. After that, I used MASH plate 41 and stamped the tiger stripe image on all of my nails with Sinful Colors Innocent, which is a really bright greenish yellow (more green than yellow, but you can't really tell from the photo) creme. Not the most perfect polish for stamping, but I loved the combination (both the colors and the different finishes). I topped it off with Seche Vite top coat.

Sorry about my awful clean up job around my cuticles, and also sorry for the picture. My camera isn't that great and it seems like the only usable images I can get are from using the flash, which tends to wash out the colors. Maybe one of these days I'll beat the day light and be able to take some photos outside! Until then, thanks for reading, have a great day, and happy painting! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment