Friday, January 18, 2013

Introduction Post

Hello there! If you're reading this, you've stumbled across my new blog. I guess I'll just introduce myself.

My name is Faith, I'm 20 years old. I created this blog because over the past year I've really gotten into nail art; and, to be frank, I don't really have any close friends or family that's really interested in nail art and nail polish (well, maybe one or two are interested). At least, not like I am. So I just needed a place to talk about my thoughts and maybe stimulate my creativity when it comes to designs. Recently I got some MASH stamping plates, so I've been slowly working my way through the images. But I also like to hand-paint designs as well! It really just depends on what I'm feeling like that day. I plan on sharing as many manicures as I can with you. :)

Some things about myself... I have been an artist all my life, so I may discuss that sometimes. I haven't decided yet if this is going to be a strictly nail art blog or if I'm going to share things about my paintings and drawings too. Basically what has happened is that I've lost my creative muse. I didn't really think I ever had one, but I've hit a massive artist's block. Massive. And it seems as though I just... can't paint any more. Not that I don't have the skill, I just lost my motivation and I have a hard time executing the few ideas I have nowadays. I'm not going to lie, it's pretty depressing. And this is probably why I've picked up nail art. It's like carrying little canvases around with me every where to show people. I love it! :) And I've discovered it's just a lovely way to ease back into painting (considering I went from painting/drawing nearly every day for years to not painting at all). So I guess what I'm trying to get at here is that it makes me happy, and I hope it makes you happy too. That's what's important. It took me a while to figure that out, but yeah. Do what makes you happy!

Anyway! Uh, I also really love tv shows. Just... a huge variety of tv shows. I won't talk much about those here, but I might mention them every once in a while. Maybe I'll even have some tv show nail art? Who knows! It's all just one big journey for me. So I guess we'll see. 

Also, a quick explanation about my blog title: My name is Rebecca Faith (I've only ever gone by Faith, really) and my cousins and I like to warp our names into nicknames. Mine happens to be Becca Face, so that's what I wanted to use. :)

Well, if anyone reads this, thank you! I'm still learning how this platform works... so. Sorry. Also sorry that this is a terribly long post. But thank you, and see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment