Thursday, June 27, 2013

Bioshock Infinite Nails - Part 2 (Big Baddies)

Hurhur, see what I did there?? ...No? Just me? Oh well. Big Baddies is a pun off of one of the creatures from the first two Bioshock games - Big Daddies. But that's not what I painted, I painted the bad guys from Bioshock Infinite! Same as in Part 1, this post is going to be long and pic-heavy. But it's freaking awesome, so you won't even notice how long it is!!

So for this post, I'm showing you my left hand. Since I was able to paint it with my dominant hand, the difficulty for these is pretty high. But you're welcome to try them! It took me a few hours to paint all ten nails.

For my base colors, I did two coats each (three coats for my index). Thumb to pinky: China Glaze First Mate, China Glaze Ride the Waves, L'Oreal Notting Hill Blues, First Mate, and Notting Hill Blues again.
For all of the following designs, I used acrylic paints, so I'm not going to say specifically what I did. So we can save some time! We'll start with my pinky. I painted the Siren!

All I used for this one was white acrylic paint, since the Siren is a ghost. In the game, she's just blue and white. And she's absolutely the hardest baddie to beat in the game, in my opinion.

On my ring finger, I painted a Boy of Silence. In the first two Bioshock games, there were security cameras around every corner, and you either had to destroy them or hack them in order to not get caught. In Bioshock Infinite, the Boys of Silence replace them. When they see you, their mouths open, they explode, and the explosion reanimates a bunch of dead people who then attack you. What a drama queen!

This is my absolute favorite, I was so proud of it. This is a Motorized Patriot head. The Motorized Patriot is exactly what it sounds like - it's a George Washington robot with a crank gun that has flags and gears sticking out of his back. And the entire time he's shooting you, he's spouting phrases about Colombia (the city the game is set in) and being loyal to the Prophet (the leader of Colombia). I honestly think they're the most terrifying creatures in this game, because the more you shoot them, the more broken their patriot mask becomes. Eventually the mask falls off and there's just a metal skull a la Terminator left behind. AND IT'S STILL ATTACKING YOU. 

On my index, I painted Songbird. Songbird is a giant robotic bird (at least I think he's robotic, he could be alive) that protects Elizabeth (the incredible, powerful, female character who kicks butt and is way more intelligent and interesting than Booker DeWitt). Ahem. But Songbird is freaking awesome, with his scary red eyes.

And finally, on my thumb, a Handyman hand! I'm not entirely sure what a Handyman is, if I'm being honest. In the pre-production of the game, the creators said the Handyman would have a tragic background, but it was eventually cut from the game before it was released, and I think that left a little disconnect with the character. Basically, he's another giant robot - except he's a cyborg. He has a human head and a human heart, and he has some semblance of emotions, because early in the game he's seen crying and he's afraid of a camera flash. Regardless of a backstory, he's really tough to beat. 

So once you put all of those together, this is what you get:


(Sunlight)

So that's it for part 2! If you haven't already, check out part 1 for designs based on the Vigors from Bioshock Infinite. And also if you haven't already, play the Bioshock games! They are absolutely incredible, one-of-a-kind, immersive games. Actually, they're not just games, they're experiences. So go do it, you won't regret it. Anyway, thanks so much for reading, have a good day, and happy painting!! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment