Thursday, January 30, 2014

Subtle Purple Filigree Stamping

Hey there! I feel like I'm posting so much right now, even though I'm not. It's because we've literally had the whole week off from classes due to the lovely weather right now - The joys of living in Georgia. So I get four snow days while the state shuts down. In all seriousness, we are just not equipped to handle this weather, and the ice is terrible still. So we have our reasons for freaking out.

So since the weather is so cruddy, I've got a really subtle, dark design for you. But hopefully this design is not cruddy. ;)


(with flash)

So for this design I started with two coats of China Glaze Up All Night (this color has recently found its way into my collection, and it is STUNNING) and then I stamped the filigree stamp from Cheeky's Jumbo Plate #8, the Princess Charming plate, with China Glaze Love's a Beach. That polish is a neon shimmer polish, but it's sheer enough that it made the stamp look purple over the blue! It was very subtle, which I LOVE. I love how the slightly different stamp shade is just visible enough to pique someone's interest, and then they have to look closely to see it, and I just love it. Is that conceited of me? Pffft, nah. 

So that's it! It was super simple, and I hope you like it! Thanks for reading, have a great day, and happy painting! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment